Sustainability within the workplace is considered to be an important factor for the growth of our business, and the environments and communities within which we work.
This document outlines the company’s sustainability policy, which is supported by other policies, procedures and targets that have been incorporated into the Company Management System.
We take our responsibility to the environment as ethical traders extremely seriously. This includes offsetting our carbon footprint through tree-planting initiatives, enabling us to operate as an effectively carbon-neutral organisation.
RGS Group will ensure consideration of sustainability as follows:
- We will continue to manage our business within the principles of ISO 14001 and will strive to maintain exceptional standards of performance in relation to environmental and sustainability issues.
- We will seek to minimise our impact on the environment by reducing our carbon footprint and by monitoring our use of the resources that are required to operate our business.
- We will seek to maximise the potential for the reuse and recycling of materials on every project and actively promote methods aimed at minimising waste.
- We will develop our workforce and raise awareness of sustainability issues through our employees, supply chain and customers to ensure that our workforce is able to meet the future needs of the business.
- We are committed to improving and protecting the health and safety of our workforce and the communities affected by our operations and will establish a “zero harm” culture within our business.
- We will establish standards within the business and will appoint people in key leadership roles to ensure that the standards are implemented.
- We will continue to involve our local communities and stakeholders and will engage with them at the earliest possible opportunity to ensure that any impacts are identified and managed effectively.
- We will continue to deliver products and services which have a low environmental impact across their lifecycle.
- Our Chemical products in our “Proclen, Selden and Evans” product range’s meets the requirement of the EU Detergent Directive 2005 – 2004/ 648/ EC concerning biodegradability. This requires all surfactants to break down both quickly and completely into harmless materials such as C02 and water.
- All our paper products are manufactured from either recycled material or virgin pulp sourced from environmentally managed forest projects.
- We believe in working partnerships and actively seek to influence policy both locally and nationally through our membership of various organisations, groups and working parties which are directly connected to our industry.
RGS Group is committed to growing the business in a responsible manner whilst continually monitoring, managing and optimising our operations to ensure that they do not impact adversely on the local environment and communities in which we operate.