RGS Group believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practices and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers, and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
RGS Group are taking responsibility and action to help preserve our plant. RGS Group’s road map to becoming net zero starts by implementing the environmental, social and governance (ESG) framework. Acknowledging the importance of exceeding the benefits of sustainability and focus on the social and governance factors to improve the wellbeing of our stakeholders.
Measuring our scope 1 and 2 operational carbon footprint for both our Head Office and Warehouse locations, RGS Group will be carbon neutral by the end of 2025. Offsetting these carbon emissions through our two chosen projects.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles, and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise, and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
- Ensure that all employees understand our environmental policy and confirm to the high standards it required.
- Address complaints about any breach of our Environmental Policy promptly and to the satisfaction of all concerned.
- Update our Environmental Policy annually in consultation with staff, associates, and customers.